Monday, November 19, 2012

Halloween festivities continued

Tucker was excited to dress up for preschool.  One of the other mom's caught this hand holding picture.  It was this little friends last week and her last day she walked up to Tucker and gave him a hug and then after hugging everyone else she came back to Tucker and they were just standing there holding both hands.  After school I asked Tucker if he wanted to give her a hug good-bye and he said "no, she already gave me lots of hugs today!"  I never knew about this little friendship, her mom told me she talked about Tucker all the time, but the funny thing is he always talks about the girl in white!!!
Eden went to the association's fall carnival with the neighbors and got her face painted.  She wanted to sleep with it and keep it for church the next day, of course I didn't agree to that but I told her I would take this picture before we washed it off at bedtime.
The night before the ward Halloween party we got Eden's hair ready for her costume.   It took a good hour to get all the braids done and twisted up!
These are out of order but on Halloween I made these mummy english muffin pizzas for dinner.

And the kids took in a ton of candy!  Some friends came over to trick or treat with us and the older boys ended up going out on their own.  I stayed home with Tucker to pass out candy because he didn't want to go to scary houses.  He loved passing out the candy!  And I heard Sam had a great time chatting with the other dad and Eden and her friend Xander were running from house to house.  I think they got more candy than the older kids!  I usually let the kids pick out 10 or 20 of their favorites to save and the rest goes in the big bowl.  This time they talked me into 30 so this is the candy that was left over after they picked out 150 candies!  The nice thing is I was able to sort it out and store a whole bunch to share with Santa and maybe even the Easter bunny!





And back to Eden's hair, after sleeping on the knobs, she dressed up in her Halloween outfit and headed to school.
After school we went to Tucker's little carnival and one of the teacher's painted their faces. Soon after this photo, I had the perfect image of a black spider imprinted on the bottom of my white shirt!

A little frizzy after we pull out all the knobs!
And then add some red hair spray and we get a little orphan!


Jordan's first costume for the weekend was a TV, he did the whole project himself but he was frustrated at the party that it would stay up so he ended up going as a preppy kid to school and Arnold Schwarzenegger for Halloween night!


Kolby just wanted a costume where he could wear a beard, so a lumberjack it was!

We also had a grown-up party to go to.  I'd actually planned for over a month to dress of as Psy and the yellow suit guy from Gangnam Style but when we heard that someone else was also doing that (and would most definitely have a better costume than us) we switched to our new idea and luckily the Galley's were willing to jump on board!
We went as sister wives (and a husband)!  Sam was one of the wives and he almost one for scariest costume, but in the end we one for most creative or unusual or something along those lines!



No comments: